Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Aaaachoooooo......

I have been struck with a cold. I hate being sick. When I am sick I really want my mom to be near. Strange, I know, for a 36 year old married woman. I guess it is a comfort thing. I really don't want to whine to her, I just want her near. Somehow, 7 hours away doesn't feel very near right now.

Hubby loves to be waited on hand and foot when he is sick. I, on the other hand, prefer being left alone except for the occasional check to see if I am still breathing. I feel bad because I know I am not a good nurse towards him and that he is used to being nursed by his mom who is a nurse. Somehow, when he is sick, he can only function by moaning and groaning and making sure that I am VERY aware that he is sick....it is kind of hard to miss.....duh! Anyway, he is a wonderful nurse to me and I do feel guilty that I cannot be that way in return.

Today I needed some soup and hubby was right there on his lunch break with a bag full of soup for me. Not one complaint! And he even brought me some cheddar cheese hotpoppers.....my favorite snack! The guy is wonderful! I hope he knows that too.....

I have got to work on being a better nurse!!!!!

1 comment:

dervishchick said...

I feel the same way. When sick, nothing is better than mom!

Read my blog! I am an adoptee...who's reunited.
EA12steps.blogspot.com