Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Naked Ballerina.....

I somehow got my best friend, the Naked Ballerina, to start blogging last night. Of course, I had to reassure her that she didn't have to be serious on here and write her life story. It took some talking but I finally convinced her to just have fun with it!

The Naked Ballerina! Where in the world did that name come from? Well, I have the answer!

We were both nannies in N.Y. back in the late 80's. We had a blast and, still to this day, have wonderful memories of our journey back there and could tell you stories for hours (which I won't do now....)

Anyway, we decided to take a weekend excursion to Washington D.C. and do the tourist thing. Upon our arrival there, I got a horrible headache (vomiting, dizziness, etc.). However, we couldn't let that stop us so we went sightseeing. I still have one picture of me standing next to a statue of a president. I have no idea who looked more chalky and white.....I think he was holding me up at that point!

That night, after much sightseeing, we head to our motel and decide that we are going to live it up. I think we ordered room service for 5 or so places and literally ate until we were foaming at the mouth. Naked Ballerina, for reasons unknown, rips off her clothes and starts dancing around the motel room stark naked. I really think she thought she was a ballerina. I will never forget being so sick but laughing soo hard! I remember begging her to stop but that, of course, just egged her on....if only you knew her! She will perform for anyone! My headache was so bad that I had tunnel vision. I remember looking up and seeing this flash of breasts flying by me.....I also remember thinking that this has got to be some strange side effect from the headache. However, when I woke up in the morning, The Naked Ballerina reassured me that it really did happen!

We have been best of friends since 7th grade, when she moved to town. I don't remember how we really got to be friends but I am so glad we did. Strangely, our personalities are very much alike but we seem to feed off of each other rather than compete with each other. I am sure some people cringe when they see us together....we are a handful at times. However, most people have gotten used to us and either ignore us, join in with us, or give us this bizzare blank look as if to say, "Your Poor Parents!"

Anyway, I am so glad we have each other and can't wait for the day when we can rock in our rocking chairs on the front porch and make fun of people walking or driving by (If we can see them). Don't say I didn't warn ya.....

No comments: