Monday, July 14, 2008

The Summer List....cont'd

Ok, here is the beginning of my summer list. Strangely, summer is about 1/2 over and it feels like it has just started.

1. Clean out all closets (and hide Dh's stuff before he sees what I am throwing out.)
2. Have a big yardsale (although DH would pay me not to have one)
3. Pick out paint colors for both bathrooms and bedroom
4. Paint bedroom and bathrooms (Enlist help for this (promise pizza and drinks afterwards...doesn't everywork for food?)
5. Finish painting kitchen
6. Pick out new color to paint accents wall in Living Room (Dh hubby could possibly kill me for doing this)
7. Pick out burial plot--see above (TOTALLY just joking!)
8. Help DH clean and organize garage (throw away stuff when he isn't looking!)
9. Go through all Christmas decorations and get rid of what we don't use (don't let DH help--he'd make sure we don't use any!)
10. Organize scrap/craft room(Make path to get into room first!)
11. Donate craft and scrap supplies that I don't want(yeah right, who am I kidding? I want everything in there!)
12. Organize craft patterns and start planning for bazaars
13. Stain front deck
14. Start planning trip for spring break--maybe to NYC ??
15.

Am I for real? Is this all really going to get done? Good grief, even I can figure out the answers to these questions. Oh well, I can dream. And a plan is always good, right? Any helpers volunteering?

Anyhoo, I have a lot to do and not a lot of time. The big wedding is this weekend which will be fun for DH. Lots of his favorite former students will be there that he hasn't seen for quite some time. I am excited for him....

Next Thursday we are headed down south to visit with DH's parents and his brother and family. It should be fun and relaxing. However I don't look forward to the 100+ degree weather there but am thankful that his parents have a pool. Fun times!

The smoke here is unbelievable. We live at the base of a beautiful mountain and for days we have not been able to see it. I am stuffed up every day and just plain not feeling up to par. I am chalking it all up to the smoke playing with my allergies. We are so thankful for all the firefighters that have been working day in and day out to get these fires under control. Their jobs are not fun, especially in the heat and their lives really are on the line. If you see a firefighter, thank them for us.....we really do appreciate them and owe them a lot!

Thankfully for us, we live in town, not directly surrounded by the monsterous pines that so many places around here do have. Last year we had two 100+ feet trees taken out. I feel much better with those gone but sure miss the beauty of them. However we do have several friends living outside the city limits that have been placed on notice or have been evacuated in the past few weeks, due to the fires, and have felt their fear and nervousness as they waited. Thankfully none of them lost their homes but many have. We feel for them and definitely keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

I am off to finish the laundry and then tackle the crap room (I mean scraproom). Wish me luck!

No comments: